An innovative program for businesses and groups
Build homes, hope, team spirit and social responsibility
As an Adopt-a-Day Sponsor, you help to pay for the construction materials and the land that are needed for home building while participating in a natural team-building activity. New to SD&G, this program has successfully helped many other Habitat affiliates respond to sharply rising building costs. Participating groups can raise funds from individuals or corporate support. Or contact us to discuss some of the creative ideas used by other groups.
Whether your staff or group have never swung a hammer or are already skilled in the construction field, they can all be part of the Adopt-A-Day Program. Adopt-A-Day Sponsors can arrange to have 5 to 10 volunteers on their build and will be gratefully acknowledged on our website and in the media.
Spending a day on a Habitat build is a great way for businesses, corporate groups and organizations to help make the dream of home ownership a reality for families in need. What better way to learn the value of team building, cooperation and leadership skills than by working with your co-workers and peers on a Habitat build?
By participating in a build as a group, you can make a huge difference in the lives of families in need of a hand up, not a handout, while strengthening bonds and learning new skills.
How to Participate
Please e-mail email@example.com for a list of available dates.
Please download the Group Registration Form via the link below and submit it by email using the Submit button on the form.
Or you can forward completed registration form to:Adopt-a-Day
c/o Volunteer Coordinator
Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley
17335 Myers Road
St. Andrews West, Ontario
Frequently Asked Questions
- What days of the week are available?
- Monday – Saturday
- What is the maximum/minimum number of people who can participate?
- Single family site –10 people max. Minimum of 5.
- Where are the build sites located?
- Stormont, Dundas, & Glengarry City of Cornwall, Cornwall Island
- How long is the build day?
- 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
- What time do we arrive on site?
- 8:00 am
- Will there be someone there to greet us?
- A representative from Habitat Seaway Valley will greet you upon arrival
- Can someone arrive late/leave early?
- We would prefer all volunteers to remain for the entire day.
- What should we wear?
- Loose, comfortable clothing, dress for the weather and be prepared to get dirty!
- Hard hats/work boots?
- Hard hats and work boots are required. Hard hats are available on our sites for those that don’t have their own.
- Do we provide lunch/snacks?
- HFHSV will provide a lunch, drinks and snacks, or you may bring your own.
- What type of bathroom facilities are on site?
- Do volunteers need previous experience?
- No experience is required
- What kind of tasks will volunteers be doing?
- Tasks vary depending on the construction schedule
- What if someone is not comfortable building?
- There is something for everyone on site, please inform your crew leader if you are not comfortable with the task that you have been assigned
- Age restrictions for Volunteers?
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older to participate on a Habitat build site. Only volunteers 18 and older may use power tools.
- How much notice do you require?
- 2 weeks’ notice is required.
- What if someone cancels?
- We sure hope that it doesn’t happen, but if your group must re-schedule we’re pleased to accommodate you to the best of everyone’s ability.