Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley makes an impact on many lives and will continue to do so with your help. With our volunteers, Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley provides a hand up to families wishing to break the cycle of poverty for their children.
Here are just a few of the many advantages and benefits of being a volunteer:
- Provides an opportunity to develop existing skills and learn new ones
- Meet old friends and other interesting people and make new friends
- It’s a chance to give something back to your community
- Gives you a feeling of satisfaction and pride that you were able to help an organization which you believe in
- Good experience to include on a resume when looking for work or applying to schools
- Gain exposure to different work environments and careers
- Share your time and skills to help further an organization’s mission
- Get out and have fun!
Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley is primarily a volunteer organization and in need of a variety of skills. Even if you have no experience in the building and construction industry, you likely have other skills that you could put to good use here. What kind of volunteer opportunities do we have available?
- Retail sales
- Refurbishing materials
- Assembly of merchandise
- Picking up donations
Fundraising & Public Awareness
- Distribution of promotional materials
- Organizing speaking engagements
- Represent Habitat at local home shows and mall displays
- Work at a Habitat fundraising event (e.g. selling food and merchandise, collect donations)
- Organize an event with your friends to help raise awareness
Join A Committee
- Public Relations Committee
- Family Services Committee
- Build Committee
- Volunteer Committee
- Safety Committee
- ReStore Committee
- Finance Committee
- Community & Faith Relations Committee
- Food Services
How to Become a Volunteer
Thank you for your interest in volunteering for Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley. In order to fulfill our mission, we depend on people who will volunteer their time and skills to work together to provide that “hand up” which will help break the cycle of poverty in our community. We are always looking for people to volunteer a few hours of their time.
The Volunteer Application Form
All interested individuals must complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Please fill out our volunteer application below and send to email@example.com or drop off your completed form at our ReStore during normal business hours.
Volunteers — all with different levels and kinds of skills and experience — work with us on a variety of projects. From participating on the construction site to being a ReStore volunteer or part of a committee, there are many opportunities to contribute
Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley thanks all the many volunteers we have. Without all of your hard work and generosity we would never be able to accomplish the wonderful things we have been able to do for all the families here in SD&G.