Youth & Student Volunteers
We all work together!
If you’re looking for a totally different way to build the community involvement hours required for graduation, consider volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties.
You’ll have opportunities in retail, administration, public relations, construction and more. Co-op placements are also possible.
About those 40 hours of Community Involvement…
Complete them in just a few days with Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley!
Volunteer in our ReStore in 4 or 8 hour shifts to wrap up those 40 hours in no time. The ReStore is open 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. — a great choice of shifts.
There are a few requirements, though.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age. A parent or legal guardian must sign a release for students under 18 years old.
- Habitat for Humanity builds and the Habitat ReStore can be hazardous places. Student-volunteers will need to bring safety footwear approved by the Canadian Standards Association. CSA-approved footwear has a solid green triangular patch on the upper of the boot or shoe.
Students gain many benefits from volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Cornwall & The Counties. You can:
- Complete your high school volunteer hours in as little as 5 days.
- Get valuable work experience that can lead to written recommendations and references for work elsewhere and for post-secondary education.
- Develop trade and teamwork skills on our house builds.
- Learn skills in fundraising or event planning.
- Gain valuable customer service skills at the ReStore.
All interested individuals must complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Please fill out our volunteer application below and send to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off your completed form at our ReStore during normal business hours.