Youth & Student Volunteers
We all work together!
If you’re looking for a totally different way to build the community involvement hours required for graduation, consider volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley.
You’ll have opportunities in retail, administration, public relations, construction and more. Co-op placements are also possible.
About those 40 hours of Community Involvement…
Complete them in just a few days with Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley!
Volunteer in our ReStore in 4 or 8 hour shifts to wrap up those 40 hours in no time. The ReStore is open 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. — a great choice of shifts.
There are a few requirements, though.
- Students must be at least 16 years of age. A parent or legal guardian must sign a release for students under 18 years old.
- Habitat for Humanity builds and the Habitat ReStore can be hazardous places. Student-volunteers will need to bring safety footwear approved by the Canadian Standards Association. CSA-approved footwear has a solid green triangular patch on the upper of the boot or shoe.
Students gain many benefits from volunteering with Habitat for Humanity Seaway Valley. You can:
- Complete your high school volunteer hours in as little as 5 days.
- Get valuable work experience that can lead to written recommendations and references for work elsewhere and for post-secondary education.
- Develop trade and teamwork skills on our house builds.
- Learn skills in fundraising or event planning.
- Gain valuable customer service skills at the ReStore.
All interested individuals must complete the Volunteer Application Form.
Please fill out our volunteer application below and send to email@example.com or drop off your completed form at our ReStore during normal business hours.